Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Taking a break from Sloan and Evelyn's posts, I figured it was time for their Father to post something.

Sloan and Evelyn, while rambunctious at times, are great children. I look at them and see the hope, wonder, and earnestness of a new generation. I love them and know that they love me. More than that, I know we all love Mommy.

For well over a decade, I have known and loved Tiffany. Nine and a half years ago, she consented to be my wife. I cannot imagine a life without her - she so defines everything I love about the world. She fills my days with love, joy, and inspiration.

Twice now, we have spent time in hospitals. Each time has brought a little more love into the world. While she cannot compete with the other mothers as to how hard her labor was (three hours of labor for two children), it was a harrowing thing both times. For all of that, I would not change a thing.

While our children may not be old enough to understand the world, I do know that they see many things for what they are - cake is delicious, snow is cold, thunder is loud, and Mommy is amazing. I have to agree.

For all of these reasons and more, I wish you a happy Mother's Day.

I love you Tiffany.


Geoffrey Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment