Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cycle or life or...

...or as I like to say "Mommy whys that animal in the road?"

As some of you know mommy has been biking me to school now that the weather's nice. But the other day we passed this creature (mommy says its an Opossum) and its just laying there. Well she told me that what this was a part of death. (Which is actually a part of life) Okay I was confused too.

So we pulled into a 7-11 and she got us each a slurpee (Evie even got her own). And we sat on the curb to talk about life and death. I don't really get it. But I know that sometimes animals (and people) are done with this life and its time for them to move on. My friend H's dog had to do this too. But mommy said that the cycle is kind of like this:
Babies born. (new life)
grow and explore and eat (live)
Die and gradually become dirt
seed grows in the dirt, becomes food
New baby eats food...cycle starts again.

Now every day we pass by that opossum fellow and Evie and I are watching it become dirt (or part of the earth)
That's pretty cool! Icky but cool

No comments:

Post a Comment